One of my previous posts http://bit.ly/ghKtW2 discusses how we in Marketing have to monitor various communications with our clients in particular to determine if they are in fact teachable moments. The Chart to the left here is purposely left blank so how about we start to fill in the blanks.
Let’s for example fill in the red circle as our business and for fun put (Debt Crisis) in the same circle. So what have WE learned this past month that we would never want to happen to our business integrity, branding and ethics.
How about we fill in the rectangles with standards that would never be acceptable to us or our clients.
1. Employee total disfunction. Imagine having your employees only engaged in not getting along.
2. Spending out of control. Doesn’t matter whether you have the money or not….you WILL spend.
3. Your employees don’t answer any questions you ask….they keep repeating one sentence over and over again.
4. None of your employees lose their job, nor do they care.
5. Your clients can take it or leave it.
6. No one is interested in what they were hired to do….they just wanted the job.
So what have we learned? Certainly no way to run a business….in fact, we would be run out of business. But then you know all this. So is it really a teachable moment?